An appeal to help a fellow alumnus in need
Aparup Sengupta, 87EE, Group CEO and Managing Director, Aegis, submitted the following note:
Kripamoy Mondal 86 ETC is in need of help. His son has been diagnosed with Lymphoma - a kind of blood cancer and undergoing the rigor of chemo therapy at the Tata Hospital Mumbai. Indeed very tearful for a happy and brilliant boy who just learned that he is within top 50 in Madhyamik.
As you know Kripada almost renounced a career in traditional engineering to take up teaching in communities that do not necessarily have enterprising engineers. With his frugal salary and he swiped out his savings for this treatment. He would require about a lakh and a half continuing the treatment and may be more in future.
He was my roommate and told me that in his village school that was a 7 mile walk, he did not know the meaning of the English sentence "who says this" at standard 1X. However along with Joint Entrance he took up the mission to master the subject and later took classes from me in Oxford Style at 2am at hostel 11 when I got time to come back in the room after having done everything except studies. The same Kripa got his MA in English a year back while discharging his duties as the department head of ETC at the Bishnupur Polytechnic. When these people get penalized in areas where they lack ammunition, I feel sad. While this village boys journey from ignorance to inspiration led to a masters, combating a one and a half lakh gap in one and a half month is quite challenging.
Name: Kripamoy Mondal
Postal address: Kripamoy Mondal. P.O-BISHNUPUR( LALBANDH). Dist BANKURA,WB, India, PIN-722122.
Phone while in Mumbai :+919920752464
While in Bakura
Mobile wife +919732285092
Medical History & Record(s)
(Contributed by Arindam Sengupta, 88CE, Mumbai)
Souvik is diagnosed to having High Grade Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (Diffuse Large B-Cell) in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in May 2008. On the very first day (19 May, 2008), in TMH, Souvik was started on Rescue Chemotherapy. Protocol of Chemotherapy Treatment is R-Chop. Approximate cost of the chemotherapy drug as assessed by TMH is Rs. 3,50,000.
How to Donate?(As of September 19, 2008)
Donation via GAABESU is closed now. Donors are requested send your donation directly to Kripamoy Mondal. Please contact volunteers listed here for account information.
Keya Datta (Mukherjee), 86EE reports on July 4, 2008
"I talked to Kripa as well. Also, last evening me and Siddhartha met Kripa and his family. His son Soubhik (Subho)is ok at the moment. He has been given his 2nd chemo and 3rd chemo is due on 22.07.08 As indicated by Doctor he will be needing 6 chemos in 21 days interval.
Mean time they are planning to go to Bishnupur on 7th July for 15 days. As Subho has taken admission in Std XI, he wants to join the felicitation program in his school.
I am happy to see that God has given enough courage and patience to Kripa and Kakoli to struggle for the situation. Kripa is staying in a place in Vashi (Bharat Sevaashram). We pray for Subho for his speedy recovery and getting back to his normal life full of games and study. "
Mumbai, India - Aparup Sengupta , 87EE; aparupsengupta[AT]yahoo.com and Arindam Sengupta <arin_sg[AT]yahoo.com>, 88CE
- Delhi, India - Subrata Chowdhury , 87EE ; subrata786[AT]yahoo.com>
- Kolkata, India - Jayanta Ghosh ,86ME, jayantaghoshindia[AT]yahoo.co.in
- Bangalore, India Jayanta Lahiri , 86EE ; jayantalahiri[AT]yahoo.com
- UAE Nirjhar Chakraborty ,91CE or Tanusree Chakraborty , 91CE; nirjharc[AT]emirates.net.ae & tanusreech[AT]gmail.com
- USA - Biman Ghosh , 81MET; bimghosh[AT]aol.com & Bhaskar DasGupta ,81EE; bhaskar[AT]dasguptas.com
All on-line payments are posted here regularly. Payment made to USA co-ordinator will be also posted here too. For missing/incorrect on-line payment information, please contact GAABESU Publicity Team at gbecaa[AT]yahoo.com. For a confirmation of your payment to local volunteers or directly to the account, please contact them directly. If you wish to be anonymous, please advise GAABESU publicity team or GAABESU Office.
As of July 28 2008, Rs 3.2 lakh has been sent to Kripamoy's family which does not include funds collected in GAABESU A/C and on-line donation.
A) Donation Received by GAABESU Office (Last Updated on September 8 2008)
Payment to Kripamoy Mondal [Cheque, Receipt] - New
- Kaustubh Dasgupta, 97CE, Sept 8, INR 1000
- Rajdeep Dutta, 88EE, Oman, Aug 21, INR 10,000
- Soumitra Chatterjee, 82ARCH, Oman, Aug 21,INR 10,000
- Tridip Das Roy, 78CE, Oman,Aug 21, INR 5,000
- Bhaswati Roy Chowdhury, 79ARCH,Aug 21, INR 5,000
- Sisir Basu 1960-(Civil), Burdwan, Aug 20, INR 1000
- Dilip Kumar Bhattachararya, Hoogly, India, Aug 14 - INR 2500
- BESU Mining Department - Aug 4, 2008 - INR 2250 [PDF]
- Dipankar Mukherjee, '74ETC, Kolkata, India - July 8 - INR 2000.00
- Shyamal Kumar Mitra, '67CE, Kolkata, India - July 11 - INR 10,000.00
- Sambaran Mitra - July 11, INR 1000.00
B) Fund received by BECAA, NJ, USA
Last updated on December 10, 2008
USD payment is made to Kripamoy Mondol [ Receipt
] - New
- Amitabha Chatterjee (65CE), NJ - US$ 50.00
- Subir Pal, USA - US$ 500.00
- Budha Dev Pal (Non-alumnus), USA - US$ 100.00
- Sujan Bhattacharya, GA, USA, US$ 25.00
- Bhaskar Dasgupta, NJ, USA - US$ 50.00
- Sham Ganuli, CA, USA - US$ 25.00
C) On-line Payment (Last Updated on September 15, 2008)
- Jyoti Sengupta, Canada, September 15 - USD 50.00
- Swapan Mondal, GA, USA, September 14 - USD 75.00
- Sudip Majumder, CA, USA, September 14 - USD 101.00
- Samit Chaudhuri, CA, USA, September 14 - USD 100.00
- Suryadipta Bhattacharyya, AR, USA, Aug 4 - 100 USD
- SARADINDU MITRA, AB, Canada, July 28 - 50 USD
- Shyamtanu Banerjee, India, July 23 2008 - 25 USD
- PRADIP CHANDA, Noida, UP, India, July 21 2008 - 25 USD
- DEB KUMAR BHATTACHARYYA, MA, USA, July 12 - 100 USD
- SOMENATH MITRA, CA, USA, JULY 12 - 25 USD
- Asis Kumar Das, TX, USA, July 10 - 50 USD
- Sumantra Sarkar, Mumbai, India, July 9 - 100 USD
- Sushanta K Bhattacharyya, AB, Canada, July 8 - 50 USD
- Abhijit Chaudhuri, CO, USA, July 8 - 25 USD
- Suvo Ghosh, Muscat, Oman, July 8 - 100 USD
- Kaushik Das, ON, Canada, July 8 - 100 USD
- KAUSHIK MUKHERJEE, Singapore, July 8 - 50 USD
- Koustav Biswas, Hyderabad, India, July 7 - 25 USD
- AMITABHA BHAUMIK, NY, USA, July 7 - 50 USD
- Rajib Sarkar, CA, USA July 7 - 100 USD
- Arshad Alam, CA, USA July 7 - 50 USD
- Animesh Chowdhury, VA, USA July 7 - 25 USD
- Niladri Sannigrahi, CA, USA July 7 - 50 USD
- Susobhan Ghosh, TX, USA, July 7 - 50.00 USD
- Bhaskar Thyagarajan, VA, USA, July 7 - 100 USD
- SANJOY ADHIKARI, Kolkata, India, July 7 - 25 USD
D) Donation from UAE
The following list was last updated on July 17, 2008. Please contact Tanusree Chakraborty, '91CE for additional information. We thank alumni of JU and JGEC responding to this appeal.
Amount DHS 10,900/- or INR equivalent 127,384/- was transferred to Kripamoy Mondal's wife account on July 10, 2008.
E) Message from Kuwait on July 14, 2008
From: Palash Guhaneogi, 90CE
Date: 14 Jul 2008
The total collection from Kuwait Chapter is KD 156/- as detailed below. INR 25000/- which is equivalent to this amount has been sent to Kakali Mondal's (Kripamoy's wife) SBI A/C no, Rashbehari Avenue branch on 11th July.
- Santosh Sinha 65 CE KD 15/-
- Subhendu Kumar 69 CE KD 15/-
- Satya Chakraborty 68 Mech KD 15/-
- Pradip & Jayashree Guha 72 Arch KD 20/-
- Bhaskar & Sumita Mukherjee 89 Arch KD 15/-
- Basab Roy 81 Mech KD 15/-
- Manas Nandi 85 EE KD 15/-
- Debashis Ganguli 95 Arch KD 15/-
- Subhra Dutta 80 CE KD 15/-
- Palash Guha Neogi 90 CE KD 16/-
Total = KD 156/- ~ INR 25000/-
We all pray for Kripamoyda's son a speedy recovery.
F) Payment made directly to Kripamoy Mondal's family.
This partial list is compiled by Subrata Chowdhury (AKA CG), Delhi. In case you do not see your name, please contact Subrata Chowdhury (CG) directly. The currency is INR. Last updated on July 28, 2008
- Prosenjit Chackraborty Oman 87EE 10,000
- Aditi Das Delhi 87Arch 10,000
- Pratik Bhattacharya Kolkata 86ME 5000
- Keya Mukherjee Mumbai 84EE 5000
- Nilanjan Sengupta Kolkata 84CE 1000
- Sarik Banik Choudhury Kolkata 84CE 1000
- Abinash Agarwal 90EE 1000
- Subrata Samanta 84ME 1000
- asim sinha kolkata 84CE 1000
- Tapas Nandy NOIDA 88ETC 10000
- Aloke Ganguly 84ME 1000
- Arindam Sengupta Mumbai 88CE 10000
- Amitava Bannerjee 5000
- Partha Sarathi Ghose 00Min 1000
- Anupam Ghosal 89ME 5000
- Arunashis Das 86ETC 5000
- Dibyajyoti duttaroy 90Arch 10000
- Ishita Mukherjee (Pal) - 88MET 2000
- Debabrata Pal - 88CE 1000
Update from BECAA, Maharastra on September 2, 2008
This is to intimate all the Becca, Maharastra members that with the contribution from the members and the grant from the association fund, we have handed over a cheque of Rs 30,000/- to Mr Kripamoy Mandal and the other one for the same amount to Mr Kamal Das for the treatment of Master Souvik, Kripa's Son and Kamal himself.
Let us pray to God to give them & their families the strength to undergo the present ordeal and wish that they overcomes from it as early as possible.
A note from the GAABESU Publicity Team
Each donor receives an ack from the GAABESU office as long as the payment is made as published here (On-line (credit card) or off-line (GAABESU Office or BECAA, NJ A/C)). The name is posted here within 24 hours for credit card payments and all on-line donors receive confirmations from PayPal instantly.