Attached please find the Notice and Nomination Form for election of GAABESU Executive Committee for the term 2017-2019. GAABESU office has been requested to upload the notice and nomination form in website and also to intimate valid members through e-mail, post (to those who do not have any e-mail address).
We would request you please to circulate the notice and nomination form to GAABESU members in your alumni chapter, group, association, club through your website, group mail or otherwise.
Syama Prasad Datta
Civil - 1967
On behalf of Election Commission for conducting
GAABESU EC Election 2017-2019
OTICE FOR CONDUCTING ELECTION FOR THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FOR THE TERM 2017-2019
02 June 2017
1. Constitution of Election Commission:
As per Clause 5.3.1 of the Regulations of the Association, the Executive Committee of GAABESU, in
its meeting held on 08 April 2017, constituted a three-member Election Commission comprising the
following members for conducting election for the Executive Committee for the term 2017-2019.
i. Shri Amitabha Ghoshal (Civil 1957), Chairman;
ii. Shri Syama Prasad Datta (Civil 1967), Member;
iii. Prof Netai Chandra Dey (Mining 1986), Member.
2. Notice for Election:
The Election Commission invites nomination from eligible willing members of GAABESU in attached prescribed format, as per schedule given below, to be candidate for a position in the GAABESU Executive Committee for the term 2017-2019. Tenure of the Executive Committee shall be two years.
3. Executive Committee:
As per Clause 5.1 of the Regulations, the Executive Committee shall consist of twenty seven (27)
members and out of which six (6) will be Office Bearers namely, President, Working President, Vice President, Secretary, Joint Secretary and Treasurer. The Clause further mentions that posts of Working President, Secretary and Treasurer will be held by members who are located within easily commutable distance from the registered office of GAABESU.
4. Eligibility for election in the Executive Committee:
As per Clause 5.3.2 of the Regulations, the Alumni Members of GAABESU shall be eligible to be
elected as a member of the Executive Committee. At least ten (10) members of the Executive Committee shall be from places located within easily commutable distance from the registered office of GAABESU. No member of the Executive Committee can hold office for more than three (3) consecutive terms and more than a total of five (5) terms.
5. Election Schedule:
* Publication of notice for conducting election: By 07 June 2017
* Last date and time of submission of nomination: 21 July 2017 at 06:00 PM IST
* Display of valid nominations in GAABESU Notice Board/ Website: 24 July 2017
* Last date and time of withdrawal of nomination: 31 July 2017 at 06:00 PM IST
* Display of names of valid candidates in GAABESU Notice Board/ Website: 01 August 2017
* Voting for election of members of the Executive Committee (in case number of valid candidates
exceeds the stipulated strength of the Executive Committee):
? Issue of guidelines:- 01 August 2017,
? Start of voting:- 07 August 2017,
? End of voting:- 14 August 2017 at 06:00 PM IST.
* Completion of Election process including counting of ballots (in case there will be voting): 18 August 2017.
Declaration of result of the election: In the Annual General Meeting as will be notified.
6. Submission of Nomination:
* Nomination may be submitted by valid Alumni Members only who are Life Members of GAABESU as on 31 May 2017. Election Commission would go by the Membership roll to be provided by the Secretary of GAABESU.
* Eligibility criteria, as mentioned in para 4 above, may please be seen while submitting nomination.
* Each nomination shall have to be proposed by a valid GAABESU member. No member shall propose more than two candidates for the Executive Committee.
* Nomination shall be submitted in prescribed format only with relevant details and must be signed by the Proposer and the Candidate.
* Nomination forms can be downloaded from GAABESU website: http://www.gaabesu.org, shall be available from GAABESU office. Requests are being made to various alumni chapters/ associations/ clubs to widely circulate the notice and nomination form among GAABESU members in their chapters/ associations/ clubs through their respective web-site or otherwise.
* Membership list is available on-line at http://www.becollege.org/GAA/members.asp.
* Duly filled-up and signed nomination form shall be submitted to GAABESU Office between 11:00
AM and 06:30 PM on working days as per schedule given for submission of nomination. Nomination can also be submitted through e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time period given in the schedule. For on-line submission pdf of scan copy of the signed nomination shall be attached with the e-mail. Nomination can also be submitted by Speed Post/ Courier so as to reach GAABESU office positively by the last date and time of submission mentioned in para 5 of the notice.
7. Important points to be noted:
* Nomination shall be invalid:
(i) if not submitted in prescribed format;
(ii) if not all the relevant details are not filled in;
(iii) if not signed by the Proposer and the Candidate;
(iv) if a member proposes more than two candidates;
(v) if not received within the prescribed time;
(vi) if there is any error or lack of clarity in the Nomination;
(vii) if not submitted by valid Alumni Member and not proposed by a valid GAABESU Member.
* In case number of total valid nominations exceeds twenty seven (27) but number of valid nominations from places within easily commutable distance from GAABESU office do not exceed ten (10), the candidates from places within easily commutable distances would stand elected and there shall be voting for remaining positions only.
Sd/- Amitabha Ghoshal
Chairman, Election Commission
On behalf of the Election Commission